Forum Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our local RVA business community.

Activity Feed Forums Good Ideas Antique/ Vintage Shop TrailShop

• Antique/ Vintage Shop TrailShop

Posted by Katherine Bowles (5th & Main) (5th & Main) on December 3, 2023 at 10:47 pm

Create a map of antique and/or vintage stores (that want to participate) inside Richmond City Limits. Customers pick up their map when in a participating store along with a card to get stamped by each store when they visit. Once you have visited all (no time limit) you get a gift card or gift at the end of your trail. The “end” is where the customer ends up.

Discuss

• 4 Replies
  • Katie (InUnison) (InUnison)

Administrator
    December 7, 2023 at 2:42 pm

Love this idea! @Nicole-Kuzara

• Nicole Kuzara (InUnison) (InUnison)

Administrator
    December 7, 2023 at 3:48 pm

@at5thandmain Great Idea Katherine – you should chat with @Amanda-Slone over at Beasties in Carytown, they have done something similar for retailers in Carytown

• Christopher Caswell (3D Central) (3D Central)

March 5, 2024 at 3:40 pm

Howdy folks! This is a great idea!!

We are new to InUnison, and lately we have been looking for more ways to integrate with the local small business community. We do custom fabrication and on demand printing using 3D printing.

<div>If you are still in the planning phase for this, I would be more than happy to see if we could help, it would be a great marketing and networking opportunity for us and interesting to see how well it would work.
    </div>

Years ago we were working on a similar marketing idea with another company, but didn’t get much beyond the planning phase. Just like the punch cards, we were working on a 3D printed map (about the size that would fit in your palm), with pin-holes for each of the companies that would be included. Each of those companies would be given a set of the unique markers (which could be pins, logos, flags, etc) to distribute to participants as they make their visits.

I haven’t thought about that in a long time, but I still think it’s a great idea! Let me know if you’d like to see what it might look like.

Thanks! Take care!

Chris