Forum Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our local RVA business community.

Activity Feed Forums Marketing Expert Q&A (past event)

Tagged: 

• Meredy (Bremo Pharmacy) (Bremo Pharmacy)

April 11, 2022 at 12:09 pm

Hello! We recently had professional videos made (2) for specific services we offer at Bremo Pharmacy. They’re both around 30 seconds long. We intended them to be ‘timeless’ so that they could be used long term, and we hope to do more for our other services. However, other than in-house marketing, we’re struggling with other ways to use them to get our message out to the public. Ideas?

• Matt Williams (Brand Federation) (Brand Federation)

April 11, 2022 at 2:56 pm

Hi, Meredith. Thanks for the question! Congrats on the videos. My most important strategic advice is to think as broadly as you can about them. Those videos are marketing assets that can be deployed across lots of platforms. Here are a few thoughts:
    – Put them on your website.
    – Put a monitor in your store and have them run on a periodic loop.
    – Send them in emails to your database of customers or prospects.
    – Post them on YouTube, LinkedIn, Vimeo, or Twitter and invite your customers to follow you and check them out.
    – Make them the first installment in a series of Bremo videos that give useful info and tips to your customers. Create a flow of interesting and helpful video content that’s cheap to produce and can provide a constant presence for Bremo.
    – Create a Bremo blog that houses the videos and written content that’s helpful to your customers and can get your staff involved too.
    – Test them as local advertising, or as part of a sponsorship package you buy through RVA TV stations.
    – Re-purpose the copy to become radio or audio messages you can play in the store.

Don’t think of these videos as stand-alone assets. Think of them as catalysts for ideas that help you create a deeper relationship with your customers and prospects. Keep experimenting, testing, and seeing what works for you. Good luck!

• Hi Meredith!
    Thanks for asking. I echo a ton of what Matt said…those videos can go in lots of places for your marketing. Just be creative about the where.

I am not sure if you have a YouTube channel, but YouTube can help your online search presence, especially if you plan on making a series of videos.
    Each video can be loaded onto your YouTube channel with a robust title and description. Then you can link and embed those videos anywhere you can think of! (email signatures, a Resources page on your website, in a QR code on a printed mailing piece or brochure, as a bitly link on the business cards of any sales leads for those services).

As Matt alluded to, marketing is best done in a series to create the MOST impact. If you can even produce a short video once per quarter, or twice per year, in time you’ll have a nice library of your Subject Matter Expertise.

Best of luck and I hope you’ll come back to the thread and post where you’ve decided to post these videos or any new ones you create.

• Good morning Meredith, I agree with the advice of my industry colleagues Matt & Jolinda. The one piece of advice that I would add would be to consider editing the two videos into 5-7 second “snackables”. In today’s fast paced digital consumption world, people may not stick around for 30 seconds to ingest video content. By creating target specific short messages, you can create teasers that prompt viewers to visit your website for more information. An example may be “At Bremo we have a solution to chronic knee pain that avoids the need for surgery…..click here for more information”. This will allow you to re-target those visitors with relevant solutions to their specific needs. Always welcome to continued dialog if you would like additional thoughts. Thanks and have a great day.

• Morning! Does anyone know of any online resources or classes to learn a little more about social media advertising? Ads on Instagram and facebook in particular? Thank you!

• Hey Jessica,
      I am not sure about classes online but Shannon Adee with Spark Solutions (https://sparksolutionsagency.com/) is another local resource I’d highly recommend. Her agency is Google certified and she runs paid search and ads for her clients. She might be open to doing a consulting engagement (and other local folks might as well) – to teach you about social media advertising so you understand what your options are before you invest with anyone on a long-term basis. Many of the local folks will also offer a free consultation where you can learn a lot.
      I have also found the AMA Richmond (https://amarichmond.org/) to be a great resource for all things marketing. When they put on their workshops or special interest lunch and learns, I’ve learned directly from agency staff about lots of aspects of marketing. There are lots of options for classes online but none I’ve seen that gave me as much insight as talking to a local business or attending a workshop in town.
      Please let us know what you end up doing or if you find a resource.

May 24, 2022 at 8:48 am

I know there’s a ton online, but Shannon Loy with the Social Ginger here in Richmond is an amazing resource!
    If you’re just looking for basics, I’d be happy to help.

• Jordan Hanna (Hatch Richmond) (Hatch Richmond)

June 6, 2022 at 10:24 am

Hi! I am looking for any insight or advice on how to make attention-grabbing reels on instagram. Has anyone got a particular tutorial or person they follow online who breaks it down for those who may not be particularly tech-savvy? I think this would be a great asset for our members at Hatch.

Thanks so much!

June 6, 2022 at 10:29 am

I’ve seen a few youtube videos that help, but overall, using CANVA to upload 30 second videos and add flair has worked well. Keeping the videos/reels short is impactful to keep people’s attention.