Forum Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our local RVA business community.

• Katie (InUnison) (InUnison)

Administrator
    October 31, 2023 at 12:34 pm

@Jolinda What are your thoughts on this?

• Hey there. I haven’t done as much POS integration for my clients. I have experience in editing / refining Squareup sites for existing customers, but I am not familiar with comparison between others. I tried my hand at Shopify – and the tack-on fees from what I have seen for any customizations get out of hand pretty fast. My experience is more in front-end (WordPress, Squarespace, Wix) website design, setup and editing.

• Nicole Kuzara (InUnison) (InUnison)

Administrator
    October 31, 2023 at 1:36 pm

@Sarah-Paxton any experience with this recently?

• Travis Hamilton (u-fab interiors) (u-fab interiors)

November 2, 2023 at 10:11 am

Sarah,

We’ve been on Counterpoint for 10 plus years. It’s excellent for the following things:

– Stability and reliable financial integration

– Physical Inventory

– Kitting & Gridding

– Handling Fractional quantities and selling options (lbs, yds, cases, pairs etc)

It’s not so awesome at:

– Fairly expensive for ongoing support and licensing (but I also don’t have much comparison)

– Pretty complex to set up and configure as it’s built for big organizations

– Reporting is just okay out of the box

– It does not support Bin & Row or any real back-end physical inventory location management (despite what they might tell you)

We haven’t used it to integrate to an online store in years but I don’t think this is a strong point.

I believe Counterpoint’s biggest selling point is fractional quantities, gridding and alternate units along with its overall stability. So unless those are mission-critical (as they are for us) I would explore other options.

Happy to discuss this further if you would like.

Travis Hamilton

u-fab interiors & curated furnishings

• Sorry for the late reply here (thanks for the tag, @Nicole-Kuzara ).

LaDIFF uses Profit Systems’ RetailVantage, a division of Korber. It was developed specifically for the furniture industry and allows for entry on the fly of custom item orders, something I can imagine is important for billiard and game table orders too!

It also allows smaller items to be entered successfully too. You can barcode, follow customer history, run reports by category, vendor, style, and more. They charge by the license and you can run on your own server OT use it as a cloud based system (we do the latter which allows us to access from anywhere).

Like all software, it’s the “devil we know”… so it’s not perfect but we like it.